Helio Fred Garcia & Adam Tiouririne Instruct at Public Relations Society of America
On Monday, December 1, Helio Fred Garcia, APR, executive director of the Logos Institute for Crisis Management & Executive Leadership, and Logos Institute senior fellow Adam Tiouririne presented a full-day intensive executive education course for the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) titled, “Introduction to Effective Crisis Response: What to Do and Say to Create a Powerful Competitive Advantage.”
Students in the course included senior communicators from universities, trade associations and the medical and financial industries. The session offered participants the opportunity to earn 2.0 APR maintenance credits.
The session focused on:
- The Patterns: Crisis response and competitive advantage.
- Deciding what to do and say.
- Deciding when to do and say it.
- Case studies of effective and ineffective crisis response.
- Rumor dynamics and rumor control.
- Establishing a crisis response capability.
- Case studies of effective and ineffective planning.
- Crisis planning and readiness, including a final case study and role play exercise.
This is the second time this year that Garcia and Tiouririne have taught this course for PRSA. Similar courses, plus several webinars, are now being planned for 2016.
To learn more about PRSA and continuing education opportunities, visit: www.prsa.org/learning.